Peeking Into Pilates
By Patricia T.
I am sharing my story about the benefits I have found in taking Pilates. I will soon be 66 years old and this form of exercise has been extremely beneficial in keeping me fit and active.
Here are some of my observations:
- Increased endurance
- I have become extremely flexible
- I am receiving many compliments about my skin; increased circulation benefits
- Tightening of glutes - at this age, I look great from the back!
- Developing muscles in my back which eliminates "rolls" around my waistline.
- Receiving many comments about my terrific posture.
- At my last physical, my Doctor was surprised that I am not "shrinking" in height. I was told this was to be expected at my age, so I attribute Pilates to keeping my height 5'8" at this age.
- Recently had knee surgery (torn meniscus) and was back taking Pilates after one week. My Doctor told me I didn't need physical therapy and was amazed at the flexibility of my knee. This I also attribute to Pilates.
- My overall muscle tone has vastly improved and I see a greater overall fitness level.
Lastly, I find my instructor, Susan Davern, to be a wonderful instructor; very skilled and makes each session unique and fun. It is a wonderful way to begin the day with someone who makes you smile and laugh. I think she is absolutely fabulous and a valuable asset to Life Time Fitness.
*The myStory/Success Stories testimonials presented are applicable to the individuals depicted only and may not be representative of the experiences or results of others. Life Time Fitness does not guarantee any individual results. Factors such as diet, genetic makeup, overall health and physiological differences may influence results. Please consult with your physician before embarking on any new nutritional and exercise program. Nothing contained herein is intended to substitute medical advice, care, diagnosis or treatment of your physician. Individuals were not compensated for testimonials. Results not typical.